Thursday, October 20, 2011

   Welcome to my little piece of the internet.  If you choose to return here you will be able to read various stories from different points in my life.  Some real, some have bouncing around my brain for some time...

I guess I should start with a little information about who I am...

   I was born in a small coastal town of southeastern Maine, called Damariscotta.  Grew up in the town of Round Pond until I was about 9 with my Ma and 5 siblings.  My Father was a Merchant Marine and spent the biggest part of my youth on the ocean, but more of him later.  My siblings, 4 girls and one boy, 4 older and one younger, had various effects on my life from day one.  And last, but not least, my Mother.  Who raised 6 kids through lots of adversity and chaos, of course we didn't make it easier.

   In 1979, my parents decided we needed to pack up a huge houseful of history and drag it almost 90% of the total distance of I-95.  Florida!!  Yeah, the place where old people go to retire and everyone dreams of going to visit.  The land of warm climates and hundreds of beaches.  The home of Shamu, Mickey Mouse and oranges.  I will admit its a great place to visit, but living there is definitely a whole different experience.

1979 Christmas in Umatilla,FL...I am the one wearing the light brown jacket with the huge
 collar standing behind my little red headed sister Amy...Other people in the picture are my
niece Tamya and friends of the family Shane beehind her and Bobby in the doorway...

   Over the 20 yrs I lived in the great Sunshine State, I lived in 7 different cities, at approximately 17 different addresses and went to 8 different public schools.  At the age of 28, and tired of how things were heading, I packed up my 2 sons, their mother, 2 cats, a guinea pig and left Florida.  After several days and a long trip that is a whole other story I pulled into the state of Indiana. 

   That was 12 yrs ago and I have moved onto bigger and better things.  I now have 2 daughters to make the final sum 4 children.  I have been with my second wife for 9 yrs, married 7.  I live in Indianapolis, and work at a great doctors office replacing hips and knees.

   Understand that this is just a rough summary and I will fill in the gaps as this blog grows.  Mixing in a made up story every now and then just to keep it interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment